The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A western Birthday party

I made this cake for my friend's grand daughter.  I have done all the big cakes associated with this little girl.  It's fun to be a part of the tradition for her.  With this party they had tons of fun stuff going on so I brought Rachel and Ellie with me so they could enjoy the fun when I delivered the cake.
Both girls got to ride a horse around the yard.  Rachel thought it was great...Ellie wasn't so sure.  I was proud of her for doing it though.

I had to talk to the girls into going into the petting zoo area.  But once they were there they were in heaven.  I think Ellie and Rachel each picked up every animal they could at least twice. 

They would chase some around to get them so they could show me.  They wanted a picture of every animal they successfully picked up but I won't bore you with all 20 chicks they picked up.
The family had incredible food that I enjoyed with great company while the girls enjoyed the slide at the pool. 
This is one of the last pictures of Ellie with floaties since she has now graduated to swimming without them by the time I have written this post.  But this was still in the time period she was taking her lessons so I made her wear them to make me more comfortable. 
I didn't think she would go down the slide.  It took her several times climbing up before she got the guts to slide down.  She finally did.  I'm so proud of her!
I love that my girls will play and have fun together.  Thanks girls for going with me and enjoying an incredible 2nd birthday party.  Thanks to great friends who invite us to such parties so my kids can enjoy these types of events...cause it's not the kind of party this mom is ever going to throw so this is the only way you will get to enjoy it. 

1 comment:

dlkenney said...

It is awesome to see her in the pool without the look of fear ... It has been fun watching your kids grow over the years through your blog and pictures.