I loved this picture of all their hands together, the young and the old. After we had been there for a little while visiting she leaned over and went to sleep on Matthew's shoulder. But everytime he would make a move to stand up and us leave she would tighten her grasp on his arm and mumble something at him until he relaxed and then she would relax again. It goes to show how much it means to them to have people they love with them.
We had talked about going back once Harrison was on the trip with us but the trip was winding down and we hadn't done it. I wasn't going to worry about it but Rachel was insistent that we make time. So the afternoon before we left for home we stopped in with Harrison and saw her again. I'm so glad we did. She talked to the kids and told them how much she liked them and how handsome and beautiful they are. I am so glad this loving way is the way my kids will remember their Aunt Tamera. That by taking the time they have a more firm memory of who she is.
As we have been home from this trip multiple times Ellie has come to me with a statement like, "Remember that lady who doesn't know people..." It always takes me a minute to realize she is talking about Aunt Tamera. But they are always such sweet things she has to say about her, like how pretty she was, how she tried to pick the flowers off my skirt, or just how much she misses her. One of my favorites was this question she recently posed to me, "Isn't it strange how I can miss the lady who doesn't know people? She doesn't know me or anyone but I know her and miss her" That was one of those moments when I am intensely proud of this amazing young lady who I get the privelege to raise.

1 comment:
how wonderful matthew indulge her desired to have him near her. that is so gentleman of him! i am glad ellie got to meet her, too. your kids are awesome!
Post a Comment