The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, April 9, 2012

Rachel's Red carpet party!

 We had a lot of fun planning a party around a cake design.  Leave it to my girl to do it that way!
 This is the cake with the adjustments she made at the time we decorated the cake.  Any variations from the initial design were made at her reqeust.  And yes, that's a 3 teired birthday cake for 8 girls.  Gotta love what I do as a mom for my kid. 
 But seriously, how do you resist when she draws this picture months before her birthday so that when it's the time of her birthday she can show me just what she wants.  So being the accomodating mom that I am, I did it! 
 We then designed the party around the cake.  Yep, did I mention I'm "that kind of mom".  The girls all had a blast with the red carpet party. 
The girls loved to walk down the red carpet we made to the fun back drop.
 One of the fun things was material scraps from friends along with some Goodwill finds that provided this aftermath of girls trying on and designing dresses and and outfits to walk down the red carpet in. 

 The loved her gifts and overall just had a blast with her friends.  I will do a separate post of her in all the dresses and adorable Ellie all gussied up.  But overall, the most amazing birthday party any 10 year old girl who wants to design clothes when she grows up with can desire.  I love you my Rachel Roo!  Happy 10th Birthday!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How fun!! She is just beautiful!