The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our own little Darth Vader

Ellie is blessed with some great things.  A dad who is a worthy priesthood holder.  The only reason she didn't take an ambulence ride on Sunday night was because of that power that we could call on with only seconds in the middle of the night.

She is also blessed with an amazing doctor.  When you call in teh middle of the night to the answering service and the advice your pediatriation gives is, has your husband given her a blessing?  Do you need to go in an ambulence?  If not, then do breathing treatments at home and hold out until you can come to my office first thing in the morning.  I don't want your family to waste your money or get stuck in the hospital.  If she has RSV, you have done it before and can do it at home where you are both more comfortable.  But, follow the spirit.  If you need to get her to the hospitial don't drive, call the ambulence.  Do it right.

So with that advice I spent a night of hell with my sweet daughter.  We did multiple breathing treatments.  It's so hard to hear her not be able to get enough of a breath to even cough.  But we made it through the night.  We were blessed.  I am grateful.  At the doctors we found she has pneumonia not RSV.  This is very treatable so we are very greatful.  Lots of medicine and hopefully in the next day or so she will be breathing like a good 4 year old girl does. 

I just wanted to express my thanks for my sweet girl and those amazing men who look out for her in their own ways.  We are truly blessed!

3 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

so scary. Im so glad she is okay. love you guys

Jessica said...

I'm glad that she's doing okay and that you were able to give her what she needs that night. It's always the trying times that make us grateful for the important things, like the priesthood. I grew up without it in my home and was determined my kids wouldn't know what it was like to do that. I know how grateful you must be for that power in your home.

Clarisa said...

i thought we went to the same docs only i can never get the doc on the phone when i call the help line. the nurse is always, take her/him to the er. everytime. but i love our doc so i haven't switched yet. just learned not to call in. love being to call on the priesthood power thru tim though. it rocks!