I never finished this post I started a LONG time ago. Per preivous post you know why. But since this is my journal I still wanted to capture this moment. At some point I will go back and put a few of these back in chronological order not the "order I get around to it" which is the most order that my life gets right now.
While we were in Utah we went out to Saltaire with Nicole Willard and her kids. We had so much fun. It has been years and years since we really played out there in the water.
The biggest reason for that is typically the smell that comes with the Great Salt Lake. It can be pretty bad! But this year the smell wasn't bad.
We didn't come prepared as we didn't expect the kids to really get "in" the water and play like they did. And boy did they! We were shocked at how brave they all were with the water.
Many tried the floating thing, they had mud wars, and just tons of fun overall.
Harrison thought it was super cool to see the dead birds on the beach. Let's just say he's a boy and leave it at that!
I loved having my feet in the water and watching my kids have an absolute blast doing something I did as a kid.
They made sand castles and other such things while there.
Finally as the night started to wind down we decided it was time to hose the kids off and pile them in the car so we could get them home without destroying our vehicles.
We pulled our cars close since we didn't have changes of clothes or towels or anything.
Each kid and all items of clothing were hosed down and then they were stripped down to their underwear and piled in the van on assorted blankets, jackets and anything else we could find to cover their bodies and protect the cars.
With it all finally done we were ready to drive away. But we ran into a hitch at that point.
It appears they lock the parking lot at 5 pm. We didn't know this. There was a sign we just missed it. No one said anything we were just stuck. I was freaked out! Here I am on vacation stuck at the great SL with naked kids. What am I supposed to do but cry and freak out.
We added pound on the doors of the gift shop who swore they couldn't unlock the gate. We were stuck was all I knew. But my wonderful kids had another answer. They asked if we could pray. Wow I'm a good mom huh? So they said a prayer. A few minutes later, the caretaker of the property came back and unlocked the gate and let us out.
We were so grateful and I decided minutes after we got just a little bit away that I would use this as a teaching moment for my kids not just on praying for help, but when you recieve it to stop all that you are doing and pray to thank our Heavenly Father for all he does for us. So we did.
We then watched seconds later as a truck plowed through a red light going over 50 right in front of us. It could have been us. I was even more freaked out but even more grateful for the blessing that we recieved by being just a few seconds later than we were before. My kids learned what I had tried to teach them and asked to stop and pray again to thank Heavenly Father that we were protected.
It was a little bit scary, a great teaching moment, we felt richly blessed and protected, and we had a BLAST with some wonderful friends! Thanks Nicole for a great afternoon!

















1 comment:
This is very wonderful to read about, and inspiring. I am glad you were watched out for in all ways and that your children have such strong faith. very scary but very reassuring at the same time. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment