
I mentioned this in a post before, but I have a little 3 year old who really loves dandelions...or those blowing flowers as she calls them. We tried to capture a few of her favorites we found on the trip.

These were right by my brother's house. I don't know that I've ever seen any that big in my life. In fact, neither one of the girls could get any to blow off they are so big. But it was sure fun to try, and lots of fun to watch them try. Ellie finally just pulled them off with her hands to get them to blow in the wind.

She also loved the sheer size of the field of them at Uncle Ken and Aunt Chrys' house. Just the thought of trying to blow all those dandelions would bring a smile to her face. She made a great effort, I'll have to give her that.

But eventually she gave up and was content to go back and play with everyone who loves her so much. I loved getting to hang out with Aunt Chrys, and John's cousin Leah and her kids. It was a lot of fun for all of us.

Other than playing with Ellie, Matthew also spent time at the farm working with Uncle Ken and Adri's son Tyler. They put in some manual labor around the farm doing things like hauling maneur and changing the oil on the big boat. Matthew said after a couple days there that he would love to go out to Ken's house for the summer to work for him for the summer. I love that I raise such a hard working loving kid. He really is a great brother, son, cousin and nephew!
1 comment:
Cute pictures! (ok, I can't believe how tall Matthew is!)
Post a Comment