The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I am soo blessed!

So I know many people feel this way about their spouses, and there are others who sadly do not. But I have to say that I have the bestest husband in the world. These last few weeks as we have spent many hours talking about life, and schedules and busyness of life and how to manage it all it just keeps coming back to me how amazingly blessed I am. So this post is just a little bragging about my great life. It's all true! But feel free to ignore if it's a bit sappy for you.

This is where I try to capture my thoughts and feelings about how many blessings I have. It amazes me how much John has always done around the house and how much he still tries to do. He is always hanging the clothes when I don't get to them. He's great with the yard, ours and our neighbors. He is always picking up something, sorting through my piles of stuff to get to, organizing the desk, sweeping and mopping, vacuuming etc, etc, etc. I mean it with the etc. He seriously does so much so that I can take time with the kids to do what they need. So I can take time for myself and my hobbies which we all know I have in plenty.

But even with all of this, he loves to find time to watch a soccer game on TV with the boys or play some video games with them. He tries to read and rough house and such with Ellie. And is always letting both girls talk his ears off until I think he's going to go mad from all girl talk. He tries so hard to never miss a game, parade, recital, parent teacher conference or anything else that is important to the kids. And he does all this while working hard to do his church callings to his best ability and still work crazy amounts of hours at work.

He really is all that and then some! Seriously, I am that blessed! I look at all he has done over past years, years of bedrest, crazy headaches, baby blues, emotional trama...he has not just held my hand through all those times, but he has lovingly carried me and the entire household through all those times! Yep, I am that blessed!

Then you bring in my kids...with having had more than one doctor tell me we would likely not have any children, I have four beautiful children to raise here on earth! And they are great kids! Yep, I know there are easier times and harder times with kids...and none of mine are yet teenagers..that happens next month. But for now, and for the last 12 years I have been blessed with amazing kids who though they are far from perfect always try to choose the right. They try to make good choices most of the time. They may exhaust me at times, but have yet to cause me hours and hours of sleepless nights. They truly are a joy to my life! I love my kids!

I love my life! It may not always be easy or simple, but I am constantly in awed at how much the Lord loves me to bless me with a life as wonderful as this!

3 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

What a happy, happy, grateful post. Glad you are feeling that way, and yes, you have an awesome fam!

Leefamlee Treasures said...

What a great famlee you have and what awesome examples they are to all of us watching! Congrats to John and your famlee with great blessings to come! XOXO

dlkenney said...

Yes Kim, you are very blessed. You and I both have lots to be thankful for, to have mother-in-laws that taught their sons to be great husbands and fathers. And husbands that actually listened to their mothers and learned to carry their families burdens along with their own and still be able to be happy and enjoy all the blessings that come from it.