The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our Christmas letter...a little edited

So what have we done this year? Well so much of the same. We’ll start with Ellie. She turned 2 this year and has made sure we know the true definition of the terrible twos. But we wouldn’t trade her for anything. She is such a funny girl who brings such wonderful smiles to our faces, changing our lives completely and forever.
Rachel is 7. She is brilliant and loves school. She has really enjoyed dancing again this year and hopes to continue this coming year. We just have to find a cheap modest place for her to dance. She is already making plans for her baptism and we are so excited for her. She will also go into the self contained gifted program this coming year.
Harrison, 9, never ceases to amaze us. He played the spring on a competitive soccer team. We then took the fall to play rec again and have been asked to play on another team. I can’t tell my kids no so we are giving in for the rest of the year and letting him play competitive. We have also changed schools this year, for self contained gifted program that he is loves.
Matthew is 11 and is now a boy scout in middle school. He is excited to get the priesthood in the spring and I’m trying not to freak out due to all this growing up stuff. He is an amazing help and has really missed playing competitive soccer this fall and we also are going to let him go back to a team that really wants him for the rest of the season. He has taken on cross country and loves that too. He just loves to be busy!
As for John, his year has not brought about much change. He is still the High Priest Group Leader in the ward, a busy calling, but we have been blessed so we can’t complain. He also did not change jobs as we announced to many of you this year. The new offer was a great one that we felt really good about. Fender just couldn’t let go of him and convinced us that he should stay. We are happy to stay.
Finally as for me, I have spent this year doing more of those things I love. I have still dabbled in cakes here and there but that has taken a back seat to all the other things I love so much. I spend all my free time scrapbooking that I can. I have also really started to take my photography a step further and started doing more and more shoots for others. It is so much fun and now just need to learn Photoshop better. I have also taken on the roll of Board Member for San Tan Youth Soccer Association and am looking forward to the challenges that will bring to me. Running the kids to and from their events and a change in my calling from church, I’m now over the meetings formerly known as enrichment. That should all be plenty to keep me busy for many years to come, but I promise, next year you’ll get a way cute card that is already in my head. We love all and wish you all the best this coming year.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

yeah! you got your letter out! and wow! you're busy! sounds like you are loving life! merry christmas!