The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Years Eve...yes we did celebrate!


So we all know I'm not married to a huge party-er. I'm good with that. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't want him to prefer to spend time out party-ing and hanging out with who knows what people instead of how much he loves to spend with his family. But here and there, there are events I like to party to celebrate. I do want to do this with my family and such for the most part. But I do want the day to be marked as a special thing that we will have great memories of.

So I called my brother and sister in law and decided that we'd take goodies and treats out to their house and all 6 Harry Potter Movies and have a Harry Potter marathon for New Years Eve. We should have started the movies sooner, weren't really thinking that one through the best. But we ate treats and had fun watching the movies. At some point we all fell asleep for a little bit but we all woke back up to finish another movie.

It was the first year I can remember where John didn't fall asleep and sleep through ringing in the new year. We stopped the movies long enough to watch the ball drop and clang pots and pans to ring in the new year.

My sweet little nephew Mahonri completely freaked out though with all the noise yet was angry when he didn't get to participate in the fun. We finished the 6th movie around 9am and drove home and all took some nice long much needed naps. It was really fun though and I'm so glad my husband loves me enough to humor these types of things that I love to do even if he thinks it's a strange thing to need to make a big deal about. So Happy Belated New Years from our family to yours!

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

that is some crazy fun! and it only took you one nap to recover?! just thinking about it makes me tired...oh, wait, i was already tired anyway ;)