The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some things aren't in my plans!

So there are parts of being a mom that I love and adore...I love when my kids hug and kiss me, I love to see them peacefully sleeping, I love it when you see that they got something you have taught them spiritually they have caught on to and really get.

There are parts of being a mom I have learned to love...the used to be bugged by quiet now I love quiet, I have learned to love listening to the piano wrong notes and all.

There are parts of being a mom that I just tolerate teaching my kids to do things they need to, volunteering in classrooms.

There are parts of being a mom that I used to hate but have learned to tolerate like making dinner, cleaning the house, doing the laundry.

But there are still a few parts of being a mom that I hate...still, and likely will always, like helping kids with homework and teaching kids to ride bikes, and potty training! So I try to do everything I can to get out of those things. I promised when we had Ellie long after Rachel had been potty trained that she would not be potty trained until she was going to kindergarten, and only if she did it herself. Well, it appears Ellie has decided to make a liar out of me.

She has been insisting on sitting on the potty every time we take her diaper off to change her. She has been successfully pooping and peeing in the potty. If she does pee even a few drops in her diaper she wants me to immediately take it off and put on clean ones. So even though I had no intentions of doing this until 5, it appears we are doing this before she is even 2. All I have to say is she'd better get it the rest of the way quick.

1 comment:

Queen 'Bina said...

I am sooooooOOOO jealous! Adelia is now three and we've been working on potty training for about a year. She'll go in the toilet if I make her sit, but she's perfectly happy to pee in her pull up, and stay in it too. She almost never poops on the toilet and she NEVER volunteers to go. Sigh. I'm beginning to despair of having her out of pull ups before the next one comes.