The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swine Flu...where does it come from?

Okay so kids say the darndest things right? Yep, definately true. Now this is a true statement. The only thing I will leave out is the kids names. My kids and two other families get together most every weekend for babysitting group. Well it was at my friend's house the other day. All 10 kids are sitting around the table talking while they eat. One kid sneezed and someone said, "Cover your mouth so you don't pass the swine flu". Now I will interject so there is No confusion. We do not have it nor do we know ANYONE who does. It was said as a joke because personally my friend and I think people are a bit over paranoid over it. Okay, so back to the story. So they are all sitting around the table and start talking about the swine flu. The conversation went something like this,
Child A said, "The swine flu comes from pigs."
Child B said, "No, the swine flu comes from birds."
Child C said, "No, the swine flu comes from the Mexicans."
What do you say to that? Though not politically correct is probably closest to the truth right now from all three statements. So it's just a little warning that these days we've found our kids know just enough current events to get us in trouble.

I also want to interject, I do realize that though it is not intentional I do realize that I'm writing this on Cinco de Mayo.

2 comments:

brooke romney said...

Kids really are so funny. Talk to Aiden Sharp about the swine flu...poor kid is so worried.

Nicole said...

HIlARIOUS!!! THe things their little minds put together!