The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A fun artist colony not far from here..


One of the last things we did with my mom heading back from Sedona was to stop and see a little town on the mountain called Jerome. I hadn't ever been there before. It was such a fun town. It had all sorts of stuff from tons of different types and styles of artists. There were shops from the high end on down to the other end of the scale. But part of what I loved was all the beautiful architecture all over the town. The old buildings with beautiful lines. The amazing greenery to soften lines. It was so much fun to just wander around. But, I could not imagine living there. This place was literally up on the side of the mountain. It was a scary uphill drive with cliffs off the side. Not fun. Plus the HUGE mirrors to let the people pulling out of the driveways which were at crazy angles from the street successfully pull out would make me never want to drive anywhere. It was such a huge combination of old/new, high end/run down, curves/lines. It all made it a spectacular stop. It would have been fun if we had a little more time to eat in the Asylum, maybe next time! My kids were calling me home! The photographer in me had to stop constantly and take pictures of some of the cool things that caught my eye. I hope I did a little justice to how great they were. We also took time to take some pictures of my mom and a couple of my nephew. But, it was a lot of fun. I applaud my mom and her patience with me there. Getting her picture taken is so far from her favorite thing to do/have done. So for her to repeatedly stop to get her picture taken at so many doorways and window was such a huge kindness to me. Thanks mom for being such a wonderful sport! I hope you are happy with the pictures! Out of consideration to her and how much she really doesn't care for her picture being taken I'm not posting them all here. But she looked great and it was so much fun. I also handed off my camera a few times to make sure there were a few pictures of me there. She did a pretty good job shooting "green" with my camera. Thanks mom! I know my camera takes a bit more patience than is fun when sightseeing. But overall it was wonderful. We then stopped at Sonic--yummy ice--and enjoyed visiting on the drive back to Phoenix just the two of us. That was one of my favorite things. I know I have a lot of favorite things! But I loved just having the time to talk about anything and everything. It is something we don't have time to do with kids and mom having to work so much. It's one of the things I miss the most. So thanks for the drive! I love you mom! I hope it all was as great for you as for me!

5 comments:

Queen 'Bina said...

I'm so glad you got to have a fun time with your mom. You don't get to see her too much, and it sounds like you really made the most of her trip.

dlkenney said...

Tell your mom she looks great. I feel the same about my picture being taken, but sometimes we have to suffer through them. I am glad that you took some time out to enjoy your mom

jes said...

i loved it there...it has been like ten years since i have been so i am thinking it might have changed a little.

jes said...

i enjoyed your photos too!

Kristene said...

I just wanted to say that 1st picture of you is SO beautiful!! you look Wonderful!!