The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Easter fun!
So this week we had my step mom in town for a day and she had fun coloring the Easter eggs with the kids. Friday we had a small Easter Egg hunt with a few of my friends. Ellie had no interest after her first egg. She found it. Worked on eating the candy out of it and moved onto the slides at the playground. Funny girl! The other kids all went to town hunting out the eggs. To make it more exciting for the kids as they get older we have taken to hiding them harder, some requiring climbing a tree. Harrison worked his way into a tree to find a hidden egg. Harrison was so excited he found in that egg a 5.00 bill in it. You go boy! It was so much fun to have that time with our friends and family. After all that, we packed the boys up and sent them off to the Father's and Son's campout. It poured on our boys and soaked them into a muddy mess. John as High Priest Group leader was in charge of the breakfast for all so fun for them. We are going to be eating pancakes and eggs for months I think! But I loved having the house mostly empty and having girlfriends over to hang out and eat dinner, scrapbook and just visit until an hour so early in the morning I won't mention the specific time as I will get made fun of. The thing I can proudly say is I did fall asleep before my girls woke up. Thank goodness they don't wake up until after 7am. One of my favorite things was my friend Krinn was bringing her daughter over and she had to wear her "party shoes" to come to the party. So she was dressed in regular clothes with church shoes. It was great. Saturday after the boys got home we spent the day cleaning things up and many, many loads of laundry and several loads of dishes while John napped on for over 5 hours. Then early to bed so the Easter bunny could come and hide eggs and leave baskets for the kids. So that was our Easter weekend leading up to the wonderful Easter Sundy. I'll actually blog and have pictures for Easter Sunday in another post.
2 comments:
I man! I LOVE Ellie's "ears" that's so funny! It seems your family gets rained on while camping a lot and then you have to do laundry a lot. Were you cursed by druids in another life or something?
All I have to say, is at least it was Norbys who had a kid puke camping not us. That's happened way too many times to count!
Post a Comment