The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, April 27, 2009

Danger! Danger! Don't let your kids do this at home!




So my sweet little Ellie girl is fascinated with smoke and fire and steam. On Sunday afternoon the week after Easter I was boiling water and she noticed it. She pushed the boys container of army guys over to the stove to stand on to see the steam. My instant reaction was to yank her away. My cute husband said, just watch her for a minute, you need a picture of this you can blog and scrapbook. Man does that man know me or what? But this is just one of the hundreds of new example Ellie constantly shows us of how little fear she has. She loves to stand at the edge of whatever it is she has climbed up on and jump in place. I think she loves my fear as much as anything. The funny thing about it is how this is the same girl who still hates a bath, washing her hands, me doing the dishes, anything that requires water. She is also absolutely terrified of butterflies. We had grown one from caterpillar to butterfly in a little jar and she would back away the other side of the room if she had to go in the room it was in. If you even say the word butterfly she backs away and hides. I don't know that I'll ever understand this girl.
Also, I would like to point out Rachel's beautiful hair, this was week two and she made it to church this time with the fancy hair. She also loves the new shirt daddy got her from work! Too cute!

2 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Ellie cracks me up. It was about time you got a feisty one. She's inventive too!

jes said...

i love it she has some spunk!