The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, April 24, 2009

A red carpet affair

OKAY HERE'S MY WARNING....THIS POST IS LONG WITH TONS OF PICTURES...IF YOU AREN'T INTERESTED JUST SKIP TO THE NEXT POST.
So I touched on it briefly in the last post, but the reason for the hot air balloon ride Rachel and I took was a local OBGYN office was opening a new office. As part of this grand opening they had a red carpet and hired photographers to be paparazzi for the event. All the doctors and their families rode in a limo dressed in red carpet attire. It was pretty fun to snap the pictures of people. The way they had things set up you got coupons in the office for free food and treats but to get to the office everyone had to walk down the red carpet. It was in so many ways as much fun to snap the customers pictures as it was the doctors. People would either pose and make a big issue or get embarrassed and shy away. You really felt like paparazzi as people had such extreme reactions. Some of the photos I picked to showcase here are because they are my favorite reactions, or the people were the funnest. I loved when we asked them "Who are you wearing" Who designed your outfit" or "Who dressed you" We'd get such fun answers like, "Walmart" "Old Navy" or "My mom". Most who answered their mom, self, or spouse at about the end of the red carpet would turn back and laugh, Oh I got it. Some of the fun things to watch was as they got up they'd be on the phone or doing their own thing not really paying attention. As soon as they noticed the click, click, click of the camera most of their faces would being to light up and end up smiling or laughing. Even those who "hid" themselves you could usually see a smile behind their hands. But of everyone hands down my favorites were the kids! They were so much fun to watch. They would laugh and grin. Smile and hide. They knew they were special and loved it.
Rachel started out taking pictures with the rest of us at the red carpet. Later she also enjoyed the bounce houses, dinner, popcorn and cotton candy.
I loved the centerpieces on the tables. They seemed so bright and alive.
Rachel loved having her turn to walk down the red carpet.
This is one of my all time favorite pictures from the night. The lines of her as she is walking away is just beautiful.
She just seemed to be red carpet through and through.
It reminded me of the car of clowns from the circus when kid after kid after kid kept piling out of this limo when most times maybe four people total came out of a limo.
When this little boy was told to pose, his pose was to show his muscles.
Needless to say it was a fun night that especially since I shared it with Rachel will be one we can talk about for many years to come!

2 comments:

Kristene said...

We had SO much fun too! And Sorry I took Rachel away! I remember you asking her and she was already half way to Amber before you got out the rest! The Kids had SUCH a great time!

Kristene said...

And I forgot, I hate all the pictures of me from that night! not that u didn't do a FANTASTIC job!!Needless to say right before we went my Father in law was rushed to the hospital so I had NO time to fix me! And I was SO hot and sweaty my makeup was GONE and remember I had a wardrobe malfunction THE entire night! Not FUN