The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hi Dad!

So I have nothing really to post. I have spent the last week surviving John on a business trip. That is exhausting stuff! I have great sympathy for single mom's. I can't imagine doing it all the time. When just one week is enough to do me in. But I snapped these pictures out front of the house one day and she is so stinking cute I just had to post them. One of the funniest things she does right now is get so excited when she hears a phone ring or she finds a phone. I remember all my kids going through the phone phase. But I love hers since she always says "Hi Dad" as soon as she finds one. She does get really mad when it's not "hi dad" that answers back to her. She yells and throws the phone on the ground. Then seconds later she picks it up to look for her "hi dad". There is no question how much she loves her dad, though she does think he lives in the phone. Oh to be in her brain and see what she must be thinking when she sees a phone. Another one of those things that are so Ellie was evident again last night. We had my brother and nephew over playing. My nephew (2) was not so thrilled with letting Ellie play with her ride on rocket she got for her birthday. She tottled over to him and would bang her chest and say "my my my" Really claiming mine at one--even if it is true she doesn't need to know how to do it yet.
Okay, so I have to jump back to the phone thing. It's kind of ironic that while I was typing this post Ellie was sitting on the floor playing with the phone (Hence why it was something I was thinking about.) Anyway she was doing her antics just like I described above. A minute later the phone rings. I fight the phone away from her and answer it. It's John. She had dialed him and he was worried when noone answered so he called back to see if everything was okay. I handed her the phone and she said "hi dad" then her whole face lit up and she babbled a few incoherenent words. She was so excited that she got her dad on the phone it was adorable.
So the moral of all this. If I call you and don't talk, just say hi to Ellie and forgive the interuption, she is already a girl after my own heart who loves the phone and daddy just like me!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cute - Sadie's in a real phone phase too - but she can't say anything yet. The pictures of Ellie are beautiful - you are a really good photographer!

Kelley said...

What a cute, cute, cute girl! She looks just like a doll and I am ready to play with her! I enjoyed hearing about her antics. What fun. I am missing out so much this year!! It's fun to watch these babies grow.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

So cute! Love that Ellie girl! Sav is obsessed with my cell phone and calls people on it CONSTANTLY. I guess speed dial isn't always a good thing!

Kelley said...

Ellie, Cutie Pie! Your are still on! I want to play with you. It's your turn to come over! Love you lots!