So I turn 33 on 11/3. How fun is that. Harrison my smart little man pointed out that if you mulitiplied the month and day I was born you'd get my age. I tried to convince him I wasn't really that old but kids have a way of keeping you honest. Speaking of kids keeping you honest, here's the story of my birthday celebrations...
Since Mondays are a crazy night with all three kids having soccer practice we don't even try to do family night then and keep it to Sunday nights. So we decided that it would be better to do my birthday then also. I had gotten money from my step mom for my birthday just the other day, now the check is for the Ellie's birthday, my birthday and Christmas for all. Well, I think I spend my birthday, Christmas, and probably John's christmas portion on me for my birthday. Luckily she didn't specify how much was supposed to go to what so I decided she loved me extra much on my birthday and figured the kids get too many toys at christmas anyway. Right? I am going to love my 4 new books on tape and 1 new book, along with my new shoes! Thanks Jeannine. So I had Rachel wrap them and pretend I didn't know what I was getting since my sweet husband can be real hit or miss when it comes to gifts. Some years/occasions he is amazing and suprises me with his thoughtfulness, other years, well we try to forget those. Well, not knowing what this year would bring I treated myself from my step mom just in case. Luckily, he didn't disappoint to add to my fun. He thought it was pretty funny though the things that would bring a huge smile to my face. A new cutting board from pampered chef. I seriously was so excited since I wanted it but coudn't justify it just cause it's so cool since i have 4 cutting boards. But he got it with a pie guard also from pampered chef for me. I'm excited about the pie guard too with thanksgiving coming up something fun to try. But then he also got me Wii fit. I've wanted that since we got the wii. Hooray to me. Again he found it amusing how excited I was for a gift that is about exercising since I HATE exercising (and cooking) Funny me. Well, even though we don't play video games on Sunday we broke it out to give it a try for all of us. It looks at your height and it weighs you--you can't lie and tell it a different weight since it does it itself. Then it goes up a little dial to say either underweight/normal/overweight/obese. I am happy to say I am NOT obese. Though when it said overweight my sweet honest daughter said, wow mom it's smart it said your fat and you are. So we tried it out, my fitness age is 45. John with a hurt back is only 42 so I'm a tad bit jealous but we'll get it down. Needless to say this did not curb me from eating two pieces of the pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing I made for myself. Tasty. Well, maybe once the cake has been consumed I'll decide to be better and work towards being like rachel--underweight, or even the boys who are normal. So that is my happy Birthday to me!
11 comments:
Happy Birthday old lady...I can only say that because you are older than me by a few months...I love my wii fit....Xander just laughed when it created my mii and it got really big. It is definately a humbling game, but I like how it keeps track of your progress. Enjoy and Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday to you. WOW! You made out like a bandit(One of Gpa Wheeler's many quips)! It looks like you had a fun day and why can't you email a piece of cake. I sounds delicious. I love you like my own (cuz your are).
Kelley
Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I can't call you old, because I am older. Fun times, fun gifts and yummy sounding cake. Maybe I'll get over before it is gone. Your kids were adorable on Halloween! Harrison pulled off Harrison very well! Ellie is darling! Rachel is beautiful and Matthew looked very intimidating. Have a great birthday!
I love my wii fit, I just need to find time to use it. I have a hard time justifying it when I still have stuff to grade. Don't worry what it says about the kids, it isn't accurate for kids.
Sam is sometimes like John when it comes to doing things for holidays. (totally forgot about my 1st mother's day!) Guess it runs in the family.
Happy Birthday. :)
Happy Birthday!! I am late, but what do you expect :)
Glad to hear that it was so nice
Happy birthday tootz! I love your birthday celebration, so fun. Kids...aren't the so honest! Have fun with your Wii Fit, I hear they are great.
Love the stories. I still want to give that Wii Fit a try..alone with the lightest clothes possible.
Oh my gosh, I'm dying at what Rachel said to you. Kids say the darndest things... too honest sometimes, ah! I don't know what Wii fit is, but sounds like something I could use.
sounds like you had a great birthday. happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, Kim! We miss you tons! My brother has that WiiFit thing and says it's kind of a kick. Let me know how you like it. Cheers.
I would Love to have a wii fit! you are super lucky!! Happy Birthday to you!!
Post a Comment