The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, September 8, 2008

And so it officially begins...

We have officially started the soccer season games. Saturday Harrison and Rachel had their first soccer games of the season with San Tan Youth Soccer Association. It was a fun but HOT day. How did our day go?....
First I woke up late, always a great start to run over to the park to do bountiful baskets. It is a great produce co-op where you end up with a laundry basket full of produce for 15.00. It is a great thing that I love participating in. But I woke up with minutes to spare to get to the park by 6am. At 8am we were done at the park and bringing all the great fruits and veggies home to shower and get dressed for soccer. We headed out for Harrison's game first. When we pulled up the parking was out of control. We finally found a spot and settled in for the game.
Harrison scored his first goal for his team this season! He was so excited. Only pictures can truly capture the joy of the moment. Rachel's game started about halfway through Harrison's so John and Ellie and Matthew stayed back under the umbrella to finish his game while I went with Rachel to hers.
She had so much fun. Her best thing was the big kick she did as a defender to keep the other team from scoring! Go Rachel!
Once both of their games were over it was over to Matthew and my duties. The Legacy (Competitive teams) put on a carnival for the opening day fun. Our team ran the snowcone booth. Luckily things were well taken care of by others of the team since it was so tricky for me to be there for things while I wanted to be watching the kids games. They had tons of fun things going on along with a raffle, which the grand prize was a fender amp and electric guitar donated by John's work (Fender). It was hot and we were all done by 2:30 when we left to get out of the heat for the day. But we finished out the night by having babysitting group at our house with 10 kids to keep busy until 11:00pm. Finally when they all went home, we all went to bed to get some well needed rest.

One funny thing to note, all my kids run with their tongues out of their mouth.

3 comments:

heather said...

I was tired after only one soccer game! I don't know how you guys do it! Your kids are lucky to have such great parents!

Grandma Rozla said...

You are one busy momma! Your babe is so cute. I tagged you - go to my blog to play

The Ayers Family said...

That post makes me want to be a soccer mom so bad! I LOVE the photo of Harrison's victory jump! Who did they inherit the tongue thing from?!?!