Over the last couple weeks our ward did 38 meals. Is that amazing or what? I think it is. And I honestly hardly had to call around or ask two different people when I needed a meal. And if the original time I asked someone didn't work they offered me other days that did work. I was talking to my mom about this and we were both so impressed at how much people stepped up to serve this week.
For those who understand can I just say "Sweet Relief". I'll not elaborate on that one. You understand if you were a part of things.
In the midst of all this I am crazy and am now the team manager of Matthew's soccer team. Mostly it's pretty easy, e-mail out times and places of practices and things like that. Only problem I've run into is one boy on the team has a mom who doesn't speak English and no e-mail. Moments like that it would be nice to be bilingual. Oh well. We'll do the best we can.
In the midst of all this, we have had to cancel our trip this summer. It was a hard decision but I've felt such anxiety about how we were going to manage the trip. Now that the decision is made and we've notified the family we will miss seeing I feel so relaxed. Tons of stress gone. I think that is a comfort that we have made the right decision no matter how hard it is to make.
I'd like to say we're in for a nice relaxing summer because of the lack of the trip, but I know us and that is not the way I do anything, so now I have more time to make us crazy here. I did tell John that with some of the vacation time we planned for the trip we are going to have a "painting Party" and get things done around here that I've been wanting to do.
5 comments:
good luck with your summer! But it sounds like you are going to be as busy as ever! Just enjoy the moments:)
WOW, that is a lot of meals. THat ward is amazing and everyone seems to always steop in without any questions. I am so glad it worked out smoothly for you, we sure miss the ward a TON!!
I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. But the peace alone it sounds like you are feeling is a nice relief I am sure.
that is sooo many meals! how crazy... but how awesome that it got done the service amazing. i am so going to be at your painting party.
Enjoy your quiet and relaxing summer!!! :) Hopefully, you will be able to find a few minutes for some peace and quiet.
BTW--I think you are awesome at your calling. Thanks for always making sure everyone is taken care of!
Post a Comment