The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Thursday, May 29, 2008
When it rains it pours
Do you ever wonder why life happens in "clusters"? It seems that no matter how life is going it seems to go that way. We have a while of things going pretty good. Nothing really exciting. Then one thing changes in life and it seems that fifty things then change. These are not always changes for us, just changes that effect us. Life was going okay, nothing really happening. Then duh duh duh....school got out. The same week we had two women who have been on bed rest have their babies. Okay, I'm going to go off on a tangent for a moment. A little over a week before all of that we had a friend nearly die in childbirth. It was such a reminder to me how dangerous giving birth can still be. It seems we take it for granted that with all the medicine we have today that giving birth is no longer a life threatening thing. I mean when was the last time you heard about someone dying in child birth. Well, once this happened to our friend, I was visiting with a mutual friend and she went chalk white when I told her. It turns out that last year her best friend died during child birth. She was in a hospital, everything was going normal, and then she hemorrhaged and went into a coma they couldn't bring her back out of. It was just such a startling reminder of how human our lives really are. So after we got my friend home from the hospital and doing better, school got out. As I said two others in our ward had babies, luckily all went well with both of them. Then our dear friend had her mom who was a young mom have a massive stroke and pass away the next day. Again the startling reminder that our mom's aren't invincible like I like to believe they are. One of my friends had her grandfather pass away. Then we had the most fit man I've ever met, who lives by us have a heart attack. Again, another reminder that we have less ability to control our life than we'd like to think. Though they were able to get him to the hospital fast enough and in surgery quick enough that friend is going to be fine. It still all makes you stop and think about what kind of order is your life in. What would happen to those you left behind, or for your own eternal progression how ready are we? As for me the question is easily answered, NOT AT ALL!!! If all that wasn't enough, I had a dear friend tell me she is getting a divorce from her husband she had married in the temple. I have another friend who after having the courage to get out of a very bad marriage, is finally being blessed with the opportunity to have her new wonderful husband adopt her first two kids and get sealed in the temple this week. This is all in a week! So when it rains it pours! Now, for me it has kept me extra busy since I'm the compassionate service leader. I don't know if it's just because of the calling or because of the lack of sleep due to a sick baby this week or what but I have been overwhelmed feeling very grateful for all that I have been blessed with with this time in my life. It definitely doesn't mean that life is without trials, but I just have felt so loved and blessed these last few days. So in my little way I'd like to thank the Lord for the health of my family, the beautiful baby I have to hold and love. The three wonderful kids to keep me on my toes. Family and friends who miss me and are sad at the gas prices since it means we don't get to come visit this year. I am so grateful for the friends and family who live close that I know I can turn to in a moments notice for whatever I need. But also for those same friends for the "constant" they are in my life. Every day they are there for all the small things that help life be so much more enjoyable. I am so grateful for the gospel and how it brings us so much closer together. The link it is in my life. But mostly I am so grateful for my husband. I love him so much. The daily sacrifices he makes to help me along with the bigger ones he's willing to make for my welfare. He leaves me feeling so loved and I am so grateful for that. So thanks!
2 comments:
wow, I know what you mean when you say it rains it pours and then the rainbow is there to follow. We had a crazy couple of months with medical conditions, but now it seems as though they never happened. I love life and the way it is forever changing and unpredictable. What a boring life it would be if we always knew what to expect and new exactly when our time was done. Just remember to always live like you are dying. Keep up the great work.
Things happen that give us gentle reminders to hold what we have a little closer and to cling to every moment! Hope all is going well with all your friends! Tender mercies keep us going!
Post a Comment