The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Sunday, March 16, 2008

A miserable weekend!

Man, I hate it when we end up with what everyone else has going around. Lucky to say we usually skip most things. We started out thinking the kids and John's allergies were acting up. But when I, who don't have allergies came down with it, we knew it was more than allergies. After days of coughing, stuffy noses, runny noses and plenty of people really impatient we are hoping to say we are on the end of this. The people I feel really bad for, well except myself of course, was we were supposed to sing in choir today. For some reason our ward right now has a pathetically small choir, so last week we had two bases and three sopranos in the practice it's not great to have one base and one soprano staying home sick. So sorry Amy!!! But all this was on the heals of a week with my sister Melynde in town. We enjoyed the time we got to spend with her. We left the girls on Tues night with my friend Elizabeth, which we owe greatly after how Ellie was for her, and we enjoyed the Suns game. We had dinner later that week with Melynde and her "friend". It was so much fun to just hang out and laugh with Melynde. It's nice to have kids at ages that behave so well in restaurants and places like that. This week we also went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. That was an entirely different type of experience in fun. We loved the pageant, though trying to have several kids see was very tricky. We thought it started at 7pm, so the kids and I got there at 6pm. Come to find out it didn't start until 8pm. That was good and bad. Bad because I had to keep four kids entertained by myself for 2 hours waiting for it to start. Good because John was able to make it only 10 minutes late for the starting time. It was comical to see our little family, though we had enough chairs for all of us John had one boy on each leg and Rachel standing on the chair beside him while I stood off to the side to keep Ellie quiet. It was neat, though I doubt we'll try it next year when Ellie will be walking. Oh well onto a new week of fun! Oh, and the last picture of Ellie is a tribute to our friends the VanTassells who now work for apple. Here's to our apple baby.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Bummer that it came your way - I don't want to say any more though just in case I jinx myself ;] Your "apple" baby is just darling. :)

Dave Van Tassell said...

I've always believed you can tell the intelligence of a person by the clothes they wear before age one. :) We love our Apple Babies.