The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, August 19, 2013

Misc summer fun

Here are a few of the things that filled our summer.  We keep up with fresh fruits and veggies from Boutiful baskets.
Harrison grossed his sisters out by picking up this huge bug.  We learned it's a palo verde beatle.  I love those trees, but am kind of glad we don't have one now if it brings bugs this size to my yard.
John took our 2 boys...and dog...and neighbor kid with him in our little car for the father's and sons campout.  Shortly there after we got a new van!!!  Hooray!  Next time we don't have to see such crazy packed in kids.
 I took the younger 3 kids miniature golfing.  They had a lot of fun.  We let a LOT of people golf through.  Ellie counted her own strokes so her score might not be so accurate. 

 There was much discussion and disputing on whether I or Harrison won.  Scorecard shows he did but he didn't count a couple strokes on that last hole so I say I did.  No matter who won we all had fun.
 Rachel and Matthew enjoyed some ice cream together.  I love taking my kids out for treats.
This dress Ellie is wearing the dress Rachel wore at Ellie's first Easter.  I can't believe how much time has gone by.
 Bahama Bucks had mustache day where if you wore a mustache in you got your order 50% off.  So we all got decked out in our dollar store pack of mustaches and went out for a cheap tasty family night out.

 This last picture of John and Ellie is my favorite from that night.
 This is Rachel on a mother daughter date.  She loves her village inn!
Overall, we did a lot more this summer at the same time, we didn't do a lot.  We kept busy taking care of things around the house, dealing with my health, and sports camps for the boys.  I'm sure there was a lot more as well as summer movies and such but here is what we managed to capture.

1 comment:

dlkenney said...

I love how you and John both aren't afraid to be silly with your kids ... I love your date nights with your kids ... miss you a ton