He did a personal best which we were really proud of. It was around 32-34 feet. I should remember better but I didn't type this when it happened so already my memory is gone. Sorry bud.
Either way I was so impressed to watch him jump. I told him how great he did and how I wouldn't be surprised if he qualified for finals. My sweet boy looked at me like I had just turned purple or something. When I questioned him he said the kid before him jumped 40 feet and the kid after him 44 feet. He was not in their league...yet.
He wasn't upset, he wasn't disappointed. He was incredibly proud of himself and I loved the Yet in that sentence that showed me he just saw this as a starting point for something he has really started to enjoy.
I love his outlook and dedication to something. His desire to be better, yet at the same time, his ability to see that he did good even if he wasn't the "BEST" out there. He can see his talent, which in itself is a real talent.
I'm super proud of you my boy and all the great things you have accomplished and those many, many more things I know you will.

No comments:
Post a Comment