I'm a good mom. I did lots of fun things with my girls today. And you have no choice but to take my word for it as I didn't even think to pull out the camera and take a picture. I know, who am I and what did they do to the camera crazy kim? Sometimes I wonder myself, but sometimes life just happens and we just enjoy it instead.
So today, while Harrison was off with scouts for a campout and Matthew was off reffing soccer, John stayed home and worked on the yard and cleaning the garage. I started out doing bountiful baskets and spending tons of time just chatting with the ladies who are such great friends. I don't know that I can ever stop doing it as it may be 6 am on a Saturday, but we make time to see each other by going to it. Would I still do the same if we didn't have an apt? I'd love to say I would, but reality is I'm sure I wouldn't as much. The girls and I got all the fun. We went to a friends house to help her with a cake she was making, while there she helped the girls make birds nests. Then we came home for a bit. While at home Ellie disappeared to her friends house. I went to drag her home and found her coloring eggs with them. So we grabbed our white eggs and colored ours along with theirs. Then Rachel stayed and babysat while they took their older kids to see the temple pageant. I felt bad we didn't go this year....but not bad enough to drop everything and go tonight. Some things we all gotta plan better to fit in and this year that wasn't on the list. Kids just had so much this last week. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, while Rachel was off babysitting John and the boys went out to IHOP together. Good male bonding time. They earned it. Ellie and I went back to finish the cake we were helping on and whip up some cupcakes for her primary teacher's birthday tomorrow. She had been telling me all week that she had to have some for Brother "Hawk-es" birthday,and since he thinks he is superman they had to be superman cupcakes. So she and I made some adorable superman cupcakes and then a couple easter basket ones and some just plain sprinkle ones to finish up the rest. They turned out cute. The little kids loved being a part of mom time. I loved time visiting with a friend, she even helped me roll out the rest of the cake balls for the upcoming wedding. Super productive day, that just seemed relaxing and fun! Loved my day and so incredibly grateful for the kinds of friends I can borrow red food coloring from, lend a cake pan to, get a babyswing, give a baby swing to, cake decorate and color eggs with. I spent the day just feeling surrounded by loving friends. It was a great way to go into the holiday feeling such incredible love!
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment