The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, June 28, 2013

We welcome a fish to our family

Ever since Ellie was born she has HATED water.  Words can not describe her severe aversion to all things water.  I'm not just saying, she doesn't like to swim, but she hates to take a bath since infancy.  That age when other moms are talking about bathing their daughters every day and how they never like to get out of the water...yep, that was not my daughter!  She has always hated it all.  Including but not limited to flushing the toilet and washing her hands.  It has caused us to force tears to a little girls face more than we would like to, but sometimes you must do things you don't like. 
Every year we "try" swimming lessons.  She cries on the side then when we go to the pool to play she spends the first 1 and a half on the side and finally gets her toes in when we are ready to leave.  It is exhausting to say the least.  Well this year we did swimming lessons with a new gal.  I'm not sure what clicked in my little girl's brain, but we have a fish now. 
She may not have the best form, but she will put her face in the water and can swim.  She can jump in and get herself to the side of the pool.  I honestly questioned whether this would EVER happen in my life.  I'm beside myself in shock.  She can't go often enough, and no one stays long enough.  I think we created a monster. 
An adorable little wet monster who will now flush, wash her hands, take a shower or a bath as well as go to the pool for hours.  I love that she has gotten over her fear!  She told me the other day that Harrison owed her 100 bucks because she flushed the toilet with the door closed while she was still in the bathroom and he bet her she would never be brave enough to do it. 
I am so proud of her, we all are, even if we aren't willing to pay her 100 dollars each time she flushes in private.  But here are just a few more pictures of my brave new fish.  I am in awe!




1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

No way!! I totally remember her water phobia.