The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rachel and Matthew's Birthdays

When Matthew first told me he wanted a bat man cake I wasn't super excited.  I have done batman cakes for my boys so many times over the years.  He did specify he wanted it with the new batman logo so at least that changed things up a bit. But what it really came down to was it was what he wanted and I wanted to do that for him.  I took a sheet cake and carved the new logo out.  It didn't turn out perfect...but good enough for him.
On Matthew's birthday not sure if we would have a "friends" party or not we opted to do his cake.  It's a great FHE treat!  We kept things simple.  The cake is actually just frosted in chocolate frosting then spray painted with edible paint so it's a super thin amount of black and silver.  Much better to eat that way.
Both kids got some CD's, matthew got shoes and Rachel and ipod.  They loved it and I loved how it took such little time but brought such huge smiles to my kids faces. 
I love my sweet kiddos and love that they don't need huge parties, lots of presents and grand activities to bring a smile to their faces.  So that way when I do a small something else every once in a while it's enough for them.

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

your kids rock! and so do the cakes! happy birthday kids!