My sister Monica for Christmas this year sent me the material to make our matching/coordinating pj's. She offered and I loved the idea. She gave me the opportunity to choose the material but I turned it back over to her. I told her how I was okay with anything, holiday or every day styles, they could all match exactly or they could coordinate. It was all up to her.
I loved getting the box in the mail and pulling out potatoes, bell peppers and cupcakes and seeing the food them come alive. It is not something I would have looked for and found and that is part of what makes me love them even more. It was such a fun creative idea that I could just enjoy.
Unfortunately this year seemed extra busy with a huge ward change that kept me extra busy. I honestly questioned if I was going to get them done. But Christmas eve morning I finished the sewing and ran to the store for last minute t-shirts to match. I love the way they all turned out together.
As you can tell, the kids loved them too. There was much giggling and posing and dancing in their new pj's.
Also on Christmas eve we let the kids pick one present to open. It ends up being a present that gets a little extra focus since it's by itself so it's fun to see what they pick. Matthew loved the money from Grandma!
Rachel was ecstatic over the webkins and outfit for it that Harrison gave her when he noticed she'd circled it in an add.
Harrison loved the the pooping penguin that Ellie gave him but not nearly as much as she loved giving it to him. She loved that she got him to eat poop for christmas. (Brown candy that came out of the penguins bum when it walked).
Ellie loved a new jacket and headband from Grandma.
But more than anything...Ellie loves to be center stage. It was a great Christmas eve! I love our traditions!
No comments:
Post a Comment