After we picked Matthew up at BYU from EFY we stopped at IHOP for one last real meal before car food the rest of the way home.
My amazing mom and her great sister, my aunt Cindy drove all the way down to Springville UT to eat breakfast with us just so we could have one last meal together. Their kindness in being willing to go so far out of their way even though we had seen them already on the trip touched me more than I can express in words. It just made me feel so loved!
We ran into some technical difficulties on the drive home. Not paying attention to what I was doing I missed my turn off on highway 20. That took me finding a last minute road over to 89 as I HATE the drive from Vegas into home. (Too many memory issues on that drive). So we followed GPS when we couldn't figure out how to follow John's directions.
That added a 20.00 fee to drive through Zion's National Forest. Now I can say I've done it. It's something I've always seen peoples pictures of standing in cool places. We decided rather than turn around to just do it and go for it. We never found those cool places.
This was as pretty as it got and it didn't compare to Sedona in my opinion. Needless to say we won't miss our turn again! But in the end we are just super happy that we safely made it home to Arizona!
No comments:
Post a Comment