Recently my life has been a bit consumed with cakes. Part of it has been doing several orders. But the other part has been trying to put together a portfolio type of thing. I printed several books of cakes so when I meet with clients I have something in my hand I can have them look at. But I also finally am at a point that I would like to build that business a little bit more again. I had a great business with it in California. I kept it up some here in Arizona for several years until Ellie came along. Now that she is almost 5 I'm ready to really get it going again. So I have put together a blog for that specifically. I have been asked for business cards and somewhere online to see my stuff so I've spent a lot of hours working on that. Feel free to check it out, follow it, etc. I will pretty much just put my cakes on that blog. cakesbykimnevels.blogspot.com
One thing that is constant in my life is change and the expanding of this is a prime example of that. Due to the "final death" of our beloved mini van we are currently a one car family again. This is harder this time than it has been in the past in that the one car doesn't actually fit the whole family. We have to be creative to make it places. So with that in mind I have decided to cut back on photography. I love doing it. I will never stop. But, I can't justify taking the only car away from my family very much. There are just too many things I want them to do to sacrifice that very often. But let's be truthful. I miss it. I will continue to miss it. Two of the things I miss about it is the accomplishment I get from seeing something great I accomplished. But the other thing I miss is the extra money it brings in for all the little things in life. So, without working on it I've had a lot more cake business through some new avenues and have realized I'm back at a point in my life where I'd rather do that to bring in some money. One of the key reasons is 99% of that is done at home while kids are at school or asleep so it doesn't take away from my family like taking pictures does. I really don't want a full career with it. That's never been my intent with any hobby I make money at. It's just something extra while I am a full time mom on the side. So wish me luck, pass the word along to those you know. You all are my biggest supporters and I couldn't do anything without you making it all possible. So thanks for being such great friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment