The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A daddy daughter date

 So my cute Rachel had written John a couple of notes reminding him that it's been a while since he took her on a daddy daughter date.  She gave him also a list of suggested activities.  So he decided that he didn't need another reminder and he would just do something.
 They took one Saturday afternoon and went to the local ice skating rink and skated away.  They had a blast.  It was a little slow going for both of them in the beginning.  But they both picked it up.
 Due to car issues, I had dropped them off and since I needed to come back to bring them home, I came a few minutes early to get some shots of them together. 
I love seeing them together like this.  Before we know it Rachel will be all grown up.  I want her to have great memories of her with her dad.  I'm glad he took the time to just drop everything and heed the advice of a 9 year old.

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

love that she leaves little notes for him reminding him that her relationship with him is important to her. hope that she doesn't mind that her mom had to drive her around on her date! :)

dlkenney said...

That is cute that she sent him notes and that he also was willing to drop everything ... It is good that she is able to have a relationship with her dad now, because when she gets older and starts dating, dad will be an important role model for her. Jorden and Randy have always been close and I have enjoyed watching Randy become friends with all the boys that come by hoping to get a chance with Jorden, so that he can help lead her in finding a guy who will treat her like his little princess forever.