The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

I didn't pull out my camera this New Years Eve. Looking back I wish I had. Just to get a shot of the spread we put out on our table. To say it was impressive and overwhelming is an understatement. We didn't even get everything done and out that we had planned on. But man we are still eating good and enjoying it!

We decided to invite the Elders over for dinner and games with us until they had to be in for the night. But rather than do a formal real meal, we just made appetizers. And we made a lot of them! There were about 6 different dips/spreads, 4 different kinds of mini meats, chips, breads, fruits, veggies, potato skins, cucumber sandwhiches, strawberry spinach salad and so much more.

The kids played Muchkin with the Elders, their new favorite game (Thanks Aunt Sarah) and then we just hung out played some more games, watched movies and cuddled our puppy who was scared of all the fireworks going off.

Midnight hit with no fanfare. The movie we were watching ended at exactly midnight. Not sure to the second with the ball dropping as it was midnight. We went to bed, got up and went to church and spent the day eating more appetizers.

But all this brings us to my new years resolutions. I always have just one to work on each year. Last year it was not to drink soda after 5pm Saturday through Thursday. I did great! Well, except the day I drove to Utah and the day I drove back. I gave myself a pass those days. But come December I threw it out the window. It was too crazy and stressful of a month and diet coke is a comfort drink so I consumed it whenever I was feeling stressed (which was a lot). So what for this year? I have no clue! I'm honestly stumped! Maybe I'll figure it out in a few days. But if not, I'm good with all the normal usuals, be a better mom, daughter, wife, sister, person, child of god, neighbor, friend, etc, etc, etc. Pretty vague but always my underlying goal in life.

1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

Sounds a lot like ours! It's fun to have the family grow up and be able to have all the fun you need with each other. So proud you kept your resolution so well!