My surgery went well yesterday. They removed more than they went in for but are pretty sure they got everything that looked "suspect". At this point they had gone in for a cyst that had a tumor attached to it. They removed several more of the same. Now the waiting game begins. The dr is really hoping for answers by Friday but I am content to wait until early next week for the results. From there we will make the decisions of what tests or procedures to follow up with. With everything they did the incision and and such is slightly larger than he hoped and due to the fact I have very dense tissue it will be a slightly more painful recovery from the surgery he says. He had to dig around a bit to get all that he needed to without making additional incisions. He is a great surgeon and I trust him completely. It is nice to know I have somene working to keep me healthy. I will spend a day or two recouping but should be up and around just a little tender well before Christmas in a few days.
And I also want to take a minute to start my "Thank you list" There has never been a question in my life what a great support system I have always had and still do but since I'm here I want to point out a few specifically.
Thank you Laurel for taking on my matching christmas pj's tradition so it can get done. I don't know how I would have gotten it done with the added exhaustion have had lately through this process. Next year I'm making yours!!! Not to mention the drive to the hosptial and taking Ellie for the day while you were sewing my families pjs! You are the best! Thank you to Krinn who I have been able to talk about this to every step of the way. I have gone into this with so much less fear than I had knowing I had someone so great to talk to. I know you will do anything for me and it's nice to know that support is there. You are such a strong woman and I lean on your strenth. Thank you to Sariah and Treasure who have helped with the practical side of getting kids to and from school and such for all these appointments. It's nice to have people I can count on! Thank you to Valerie I was able to just dump everything else on. I knew the help would be appreicated and liekly needed, but not wanting to have to worry about it all. It's nice to know that I have a friend who could get my kids to scouts, feed them dinner, keep them entertained all on a difficult day for them. Also the arranging for others to bring in a couple meals and take Ellie during the day has been great. Then you add to that all the hours we have been able to talk about it and being okay when I need to not talk about it. You are incredible and I am so grateful for it! I know there are MANY more but those are just a couple to start my list!
3 comments:
Wish I could be there to help too. Love you lots.
Glad things went well, hoping for a quick recovery and good news. Try to enjoy the rest of this holiday season. You and your family are strong and you will all survive this trial. Love Ya
love how you think to thank. matching christmas jamas! gotta have them, right?
Post a Comment