The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I built a float!

Every year our soccer club participates in the Chandler Parade of Lights. This year I insisted that the float we always plan but usually never get to happened. However tha meant that it also fell on me to do it. A great friend and supporter in the club Susan and I worked together to get the stuff to make it happen. She did the big stuff ie getting the truck trailer and generator. Without that anythign I did would have been for nothing!
But then we talked about a plan, proposed it and went shopping. We knew it needed to be fairly simple to put together as it would need to be put together the day before the pardade since the day of the parade was so filled with so many other soccer things. We decided to make it look like a mini soccer field. She got the turf and I got the lights, and we went to work. I could NEVER have done it so well or quickly without John my great supporter. His mind works so much better on how to make everything stay the way we want them to. I think it turned out pretty well.
Here is the only picture that anyone got of it during the parade. Great people let me bow out of the actual parade and go home and be with my family. That decision was made even better for me when it started pouring while they took the float apart.
In the end we won 2nd place for Biggest and Brightest in the Parade! Way to go team!!!

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

way to go! i love lights.