We had another great fall soccer season. My boys love playing soccer. I love watching them play. I love that they are able to ref games to make some money. I love that they have incredible coaches.
Matthew had coach Alvarez for the second year. He is seriously one of the best coaches ever! He only coaches in the fall and only rec U13/15 age group. He comes back every fall with his grown boys to ref a team. Matthew had started to not be too sure about soccer after a tough season with a not a great coach. But then we found Alvarez and his love of it returned. He pushes the kids, teaches the kids, but has so much balance between life and soccer. He understands these are kids at a busy age and loves to keep them inspired in spite of how busy they are.
Due to when practices were held and becuase of a great carpool I was able to arrange I only had to drive out to the fields 2 instead of 4 days a week for practice. I enjoyed that! Since Matthew's coach doesn't coach winter he will be with Harrison's coach. His coach does two age groups so each boy will have the same coach yet be on different teams.
I'm hoping to be able to work it out so we are only out there one night a week instead of two but I'll even take 2 over 4 if I need to!
We also can't speak highly enough of Harrison's coach. Coach Cantrall is also incredible. He loves the sport and really loves to keep the kids loving it. He has a boy Harrison's age so that's the team he is on. We had considered not playing in the winter, but with both boys getting Cantrall we couldn't pass up the opportunity. They will be so great!
We really love soccer and the fun it brings into our lives. I enjoy a lot of the stuff I do as a board member and tolerate the rest. We left Rachel and John home a lot more this season which was a nice break for Rachel and gave John all the time he needed to get everything done he hasn't been able to get to. As for Ellie, she loves it at the field as much as me. So here is to another great season with Coach Cantrall!
No comments:
Post a Comment