So one of my favorite traditions is my matching pj's for Christmas Eve. I planned ahead and went on black friday to JoAnne's to get a great deal on fabric that would be cute and not to scary for John and the boys. The toughest part of that process each time is just the sheer amount I need of the fabric to make enough. We are talking over 12 yards of the same fabric. Trying to get that of something cute with 100 other women wanting fabric all when it's a great price was tricky. But i succeeded this year. I was so proud of myself.
But I ran into a major setback. I have been so worn out lately. I have been sleeping so much. I usually am a night owl and sew while the kids are in bed. Life got in the way. I would crash every night as soon as the kids were in bed. Throw in some snags with soccer stuff that put me putting in extra time with stuff I don't normally do and I just wasn't getting to it. But I still had a few weeks.
That's when we found the lump and it just threw my entire life upside down. Rushing through multiple appointments with drs and such, a quick surgery right before christmas and all the stress that came with it. Also throw in there that my sewing maching needs a tune up and a part replaced really badly and you can see how it wasn't coming together.
In jumps my amazing friends to the rescue. I was loaned sewing machines, but still couldn't pull them out to do what I needed with no energy and allthe appointments. So in jumps a seriously incredible friend who pulled off my matching PJ's for me this year. Laurel sewed all my pj's for me. As it led to Christmas Eve the kids asked about the pj's with the surgery and stuff. I would just tell them I couldn't sew this year becuase of it all. They were all so dissappointed.
John would tell them, "I can honestly say that mom has not sewed your jamma's for this year" They really were heartbroken. So when we let them open the presents on Christmas eve (They get 2, one from a sibling or grandparent and one from me..the pjs) they were shocked and so excited to see that they got some. Thanks Laurel Chipman for bringing a smile to my kids face on Christmas Eve!
I also wanted to add the picture of Ellie opening her pjs as it's very serious and slow buisness to open presents for her. It's pretty funny to watch.
1 comment:
We also love our Christmas Eve matching Pajama party... my mom makes all of us kids, spouses and grandkids matching pj's and we all meet at her house on Christmas Eve for a Pajama Party.
Post a Comment