Camping has filled our life a lot lately. First this summer John went on Girls camp. I wish I had a picture. John got a couple on his phone but they are just of the girls trying to figure out how to set up the tent before he finally gave in and helped them. It was a great experience for him to be up with the girls.
Then he went for a week to scout camp with the boys. I asked for pictures this time. I sent him with a camera. They did rapelling, shooting, canooning and lots of things. These are the best pictures I got of that campout.
Matthew also went to scout camp with his grandpa in Missouri over the summer. I sent a camera with him for pictures. He went on a plane ride for the first time and spent lots of time with the family back there. He did all this alone. For pictures, I got NOTHING! Gotta love boys! He did rank to Life and get a ton of merit badges, along with harrison ranking to tenderfoot this summer. Way to go boys!
Then, Harrison went on a Stake 11 year old campout. He invited his friend Bennett to come with him. They had so much fun! He talked about it for days afterwards! While he was there John was off at Varsity scout training.
Then this last weekend Matthew went on another campout with the scouts. This time they went geocaching. He got a fake hundred dollar bill and thought it was awesome. John went with the Varsity scouts where they did this massive hike. (He said they hiked for about 7 1/2 hours in one day) He can still barely move days later. Right now, he thinks this was even harder than when they hiked to the bottom of the grand canyon and back out. I'm not sure I agree, but from the sound of everyone it was pretty tough. Once they got to the top of this moutian peak they used a ham radio and signals and flashed signals and communicated with Varsity scout troops all over the state. They talked to about 10 different peaks, one of which was about a 100 miles away. It was pretty fun. Again I made sure he had a camera and was all set. However this picture sent to me from another leader was the only pictoral evidence I got from the campout. Gotta love boys!
Next weekend John heads off again to camp with Varsity scout training where they will do black powder shooting and throwing of tomahawks to name a couple of things he's looking forward too.
No wonder we never go camping as a family, the boys are always gone camping so we can't!





1 comment:
i love that you get the girls out camping, too! wow, what an adventure your boys have everytime. love it!
Post a Comment