The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, May 6, 2011

A trip to the zoo


John's sister Katie and her husband Tanner and their two kids Sadie and Peyton came up from their new home in Sierra Vista, Arizona to visit. While they were here, Ellie and I joined them for a day at the zoo.

It cracked me up how much the two girls looked alike. They are only about a month apart in age.

It was fun to see the monkeys all line up in a row and smile for the camera. Ellie freaked out though when one jumped from the tree right in front of us over our heads to the tree just behind us. After that we watched the monkeys from a much further distance.

I made sure to hand my camera off to Katie to snap a picture of Ellie and I at the zebras. She loved having so much undivided attention from me that she got that day.

When we stopped to look at the flamingos we talked about why they stood on one leg. Then both girls did a great impression of a flamingo.

Then we went over to the petting zoo with the farm animals. Ellie had to make sure she combed all the goats. But Ellie was not too sure about how they would poop tiny balls as they walked making a mess everywhere. I love to see a 3 year olds reactions to things.

Tanner was a super nice uncle and splurged not just on the trip to the zoo for us but a merry go round ride for the girls. I think it was a huge highlight for Ellie if you can't tell by the look on her face.

Sadie really liked it too. Little Peyton was such a trooper the whole day. He was so good and enjoyed being cooled off by his mom.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww... I have to say we have cute kids! :)