
I have never before had a kid cut their own hair. Well it's never to late for a first I guess. I walked down stairs and saw her sitting there with hair in her lap and a huge smile on her face. She looked up at me and said, "Isn't it beautiful mom?" She was so proud of herself and all I wanted to do was to sit down and bawl. I told her it made me sad she'd cut her hair and now we'd have to get the rest cut to fix it. She burst out in tears. It broke my heart to break her heart that way, but there is no way I was going to give any idea that I thought this had been a good idea. After I cried a bit and talked to John on the phone, I went down and got a picture of it. She wouldn't smile or anything at me for the picture.
Later that night when John got home he asked her if she had done something pretty to her hair. She scowled at him and said, "Don't talk to me about it, I'm going to my room." And stomped off to her room.
The next day we got her into Jenna, my friend who saved her hair. It could have been much worse and I know that. But I really hadn't planned on a cute short hairstyle like this for Ellie for the summer. I guess it just goes to show we don't always get what we want huh? In the end she has come around to the hair cut. She didn't love it is an understatement. When anyone would compliment her on her hair or tell her she looked cute she just gets upset. She is not liking the attention this has caused her.
One of the really funny things about this whole thing, is she doesn't like the movie tangled. After the first watching of it in the theaters she got upset and would boldly tell everyone how she hated the movie because the boy cut her hair and turned her mom into a bad guy. After that she just turns the movie off right before Rapunzel gets her hair cut. She won't watch the movie from that point on it upsets her so much. Which is part of why it shocked me so much to have her cut her hair. She HATES short hair and the thought of getting it cut. Well, let's just hope she learned her lesson!
1 comment:
Well, at least it turned out really, really cute!!
Post a Comment