The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


This year for Mother's Day it seemed to sneak up on me. I think it snuck up on others too. Due to Stake Conference it was fast sunday for Mother's day. My kids were reminded by John that I would be fasting so breakfast in bed wouldn't be the best choice. Rachel went out of her way to do anything she could to help me be ready for church. I love helpful kids!

Since they were all looking so great and John had bought me a new shirt for Mother's Day, we snapped a few pictures of me with some of my favorite people outside of our house.

After church the kids were going crazy waiting to be able to give me my mother's day presents. They gave me some great gifts. I was showered with perfume, a book, a wii game, some new cupcake tins, a CD and a new temple dress. Harrison bought me some Jesus magnets for the fridge from his friend with his own money. Yep it was wonderful!

The kids filled out some cute things at church, Harrison said thank you for teaching me the importance of service, Rachel's said thank you for teaching me how to love and be kind to people that I don't like or don't know. Ellie's said Thanks you for teaching me to read and to dance. (I guess we should start teaching her to read)

Rachel also wrote me a couple poems:
It's Mother's Day Mom! And I want you to know I'll just love you more every year that I grow. You're a wonderful mother you show that you care. There is no better mom on earth anywhere.

Roses are Red, Violets are blue, There is no better mom than you!

I'm happy you're my mom, Cause you take good care of me! You love and you show it, So I'm happy as can be! I love you very much, And so I want to say, Thank you for all you and Happy Mother's Day!

Love all the poems Rachel!


Then after church Ellie came up to me and said, "Happy Mother's Day" and gave me this beautiful Rose. She has some great primary teachers who brought a rose for each of their primary kids to give their moms.

They then practiced saying happy mother's day over and over again. It was so cute, because she has now been saying it for days to me. I love it! She told me she picked this rose for me because it had a big momma rose and a small little girl rose just like her and me. How cute is she?

Thanks for all the Mother's Day love! I know I feel so incredibly blessed to be loved and cared for so much by John and the kids!

1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

Sounds like a great day...you are a great mom and you look fantastic!