The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday my crazy monkey!


So for Matthew's birthday cake he wanted a Banana shaped cake. NOT a banana flavored cake. He was very specific about this. So being the good mom that I am I took a sheet cake and a picture of a banana and worked to make a funfetti sheet cake into a banana. I think I did pretty good. It was definitely not like any cake I'd ever made before that's for sure.

Why a Banana? That is the question that has been asked more times that we can count. Pretty much when I asked him what he wanted he was eating a banana. He loves them. I think it was in his hand and he thought...mom would never really do this. See how stubborn I am? Even though John and everyone thought I should work to convince him to have something else, I just went along with exactly what he was asking for. I had a blast watching his face when he saw that I really did the cake he wanted!

For his birthday we had pizza and played basketball at the park while we waited for movie time. Then John took a van full of boys to the dollar theatre to watch Megamind. They had a blast and came home quoting the movie all weekend. My brother and his family were in town this week so he and his son went to the movie with the boys. They all had so much fun!

Happy Birthday my funny 13 year old!

1 comment:

Leefamlee Treasures said...

Banana cake - thats awesome!