The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring break and Ellie-isms


Spring break was pretty uneventful. Kids cleaned and played video games. We tried to go to a couple movies...tangled took more than one try as it was sold out the first time. Older three loved Narnia. Everyone but Ellie loved Tangled. John took a couple days off work and watched March madness and Dr Who and the A-team with the kids. Ellie now goes around humming the song to the A-team. I loved that he was around to spend time with them since I was so busy with soccer stuff!

When we asked Ellie why she didn't like tangled she gets really upset and talks about how horrible it is that her beautiful hair gets cut off! She has said to more than one person, "No boy is worth cutting your hair for!" She also has become quite disturbed by this part of the movie as cutting your hair turns your mom into a bad guy witch. I think maybe Ellie is going to have long hair for quite a while to come!

We love Ellie, since this is pics of her and we are full of "ellisms" around here. I'll finish this post with two more. Harrison was taking out the trash while Ellie was going to the bathroom. She got so excited she started telling him "poop, pee, poo poo, toot, pee pee" When Harrison asked her what she was going on about she calmly replied. We are in the bathroom so we can do potty talk in here! She giggled and proceeded to say such lovely words until she was done.

Ellie today when changing her clothes wanted me to put a shirt on her quick to cover her "pom poms". I asked her what her pom poms were. She told me it was another name for her chest buttons. She proceeded to explain that chest buttons are like belly buttons but different. You get two chest buttons and only one belly button. But when you are little they are little. When you grow up they get big and turn into big pom poms.

Where does she come up with this stuff???? All we know, is we love her not just in spite of her crazy brain, but likely it enhances our love for her!

3 comments:

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I am dying at the chest buttons and pom poms comment. In my mind she's still a little toddler... I can't believe she's coming up with all this stuff!

Katie said...

Pom Poms! HA HA HA! That is actually so clever though, I may have to use it!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I like your "prom" picture :) It turned out great!