The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a super fun Saturday

So I don't have any pictures for this...yet, maybe I'll wait to post this post until we get the pictures as I know one was taken for us. But I wanted to write about our great day before I forget details. But since I can't post without pictures and I don't want to wait for some here is a picture of the cute Valentines Treat my friend Kayci made for me! I love to copy my friends and their ideas...someone will get some of these!

It really was so much fun! My Saturday started with my normal Saturday craziness. The girls and I were at the soccer field with Harrison by 7:15am. I love that my girls have found things they love about days like this instead of hating and dreading the time. Harrison was super excited to not just have a game to play in but he was a ref for 3 soccer games. I took the opportunity to put in some hours running the fields. I enjoy it and it cuts down the cost we pay for soccer which my wallet enjoys even more. The girls were cold so we parked the van right by the table I sat at and they used blankets and set up a fort/house inside the van. They were giggling and playing dolls and such from the warmth of the van on a cold morning. As soon as it started to warm up it was time to head over to watch Harrison's soccer game. It was the same team he played last week. Last week was a better game to watch but I love watching my boys play. Then Harrison was back to reffing.

Due to scheduling issues John took Matthew to his basketball game on the other side of town. Then picked up our friend's little boy and brought them out to play with us at the fields. Matthew had a couple games to ref also so while the big boys were busy we rode on the golf cart to pick up nets that fields were done with. The three little ones thought that is about the funnest thing you can do. They would yell, "faster faster" and didn't want to get off! We took a break from my cleanup to have a picnic. I bought uncrustables and chips...may you'd thought they'd won the lottery! That was the BEST picnic lunch they'd all ever had and I was the best mom ever! Gotta love it when PB&J sandwiches win you such affection. The little kids loved the time we got to play at the cool park. They would only agree to leave the park when they got to ride on the golf cart again to do something fun. It was pretty cute! Once we were all done we headed home to clean up for Sunday.

While the kids cleaned up I got dressed up to go on a date with my sweet husband. We doubled with some great friends and had a wonderful dinner with the Norbys. We spent forever talking about everything and just relaxing. I hope they enjoyed it as much as we did! Then we went to the Stake Dance.

John was not so sure about even going to this. It's not really his cup of tea. But I love to dance and wasn't taking no for an answer. I volunteered to make cookies just to insure that we "had to go". We walked in and they had a back drop set up in the hallway and they took a couples photo just like at High school dances. But this was free so it was better. :) They had tons of fun line dancing, enough slow dancing to enjoy not having to keep a balloon distance between us, and lots of fun, talking, laughs and calories burned!

In the end, when we talked about it at home, he said he didn't want to admit it but he did have a lot of fun. I know I sure did! He followed it up with a tulips for Valentines day for me! Gotta love this guy!

3 comments:

Leefamlee Treasures said...

It was a FUN dance! Mark even admitted after dancing in the "Dude Dance" that it really wasn't that bad!!! Hope the stake does this every year, sure is a cheap and fun date!

standifird family said...

I brought it up...once. The look on Brady's face told me right away that it wasn't going to happen. We all ended up really sick, so he lucked out this time! Glad you had a fun holiday.

Anonymous said...

We had a fun time!! The dance was great, too. Hopefully we can do it next year!