
So I grew up in a house where every holiday was a super huge big deal. Unfortunately, I have not always been able to carry out every holiday to that degree as I might have liked. But I love the holidays that are fun to make a big deal with kids and such. Valentines Day is totally one of those! I love all the meals being heart or pink or red on Valentines day. We give each other valentines, we show each other how much we love them.

I know a lot of people feel that the day is too over commercialized and in many ways they are true, but....there is so much fun to wrap yourself up in it it's worth it! It doesn't have to cost a ton of money to show someone you love them. But how often do we go out of our way to show our family/spouse how much we really love them? Unfortunately I know it's not very often that I get my husband a gift just because I love him. And as much as I love flowers, it's not practical for him to get me them all the time. So if there is a day that reminds him, hey my wife has been busy and I want to get her flowers which I get so busy I don't do as much as I could...well more power to the holiday if you ask me. I love the tulips he got me. The kids loved the chocolate he got them. They loved the treats/balloons that I got them. They love the meal that is focused on them! That is one of the things my mom did for as long as I can remember that I have really worked to keep up. Valentines is a day for family love not just couple love. So we NEVER go on a date on Valentines day. In fact, I never have in my life, because it was always understood that was a day where no matter how busy our lives are we all sit down as a family. I love that!

So my kids and I enjoyed our day as a family. And my amazing husband is great at going along even if he thinks it's a little bit crazy and over done. He loves me enough to know it is a big deal to me to make sure the kids and I get a token of his love given to us on this great special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment