The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My sister and her son


While in Utah on a Sunday afternoon I took my sister and her son out to snap a few family pictures. They were so easy to photograph and we were able to move so fast I got a ton that I loved. But these are a few of my absolute favorites.

This fire hydrant we found when we stopped to check out some train tracks and weeds. My sister who works for Fire and safety noticed it and I can't imagine a better back drop for photo of her. I loved the hydrant so much I had to get a picture of it by itself.

These next few are ones I put in black and white as it just shows how much my sister loves her son and he loves her. There is some serious love there and I love it when I can capture it.

It really is amazing how great she is with my nephew. He is autistic and she is a single mom. But seriously I am in awe at how great she does. She balances life so well. She works so hard to give him what he needs.

I try to take lessons from watching her as a mom to help me be a better mom to my kids. Thanks sister! I love you! You are an amazing example to me!

4 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Love all the updates...but where is the picture of YOU???

dlkenney said...

Monica looks great and wow her little guy has grown up so much since I saw him, shortly after they moved to Utah.

Leefamlee Treasures said...

You guys look like you could be twins! Great pictures. What an amazing example!

Amy said...

This is the first picture I've seen of Monica in years, and I don't think I've ever seen her son. Thanks for posting these!