The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Before and after of Biggest Looser contest


So the contest I competed in is over. These are a couple of my before shots.

And here is the afters! I won the contest loosing about 28lbs in 12 weeks. That was just over 14% of my body weight.

It wasn't easy, but then all the good things in life aren't. But I am much happier with the way I look in the mirror. I'm not done yet, but it's a slow process and I want to keep working on it the right way. I'm not about starving myself and killing myself..well maybe I did that last week when I wanted to make sure I held first place. :) But mostly it's me being reasonable and thinking about everything I do. If I eat that what will I need to give up later, or how much extra will I have to do in exercise. That sort of thing. I still had treats here and there, I still enjoyed a soda here and there. But it was just about being healthier and making changes that can stick.

Since the contest ended I have stayed eating the same, but haven't had a chance to exercise like I was. That will pick up again, but in the end, I'm super happy with what I've been able to accomplish.

By the way, her next contest starts in January which I will compete in again and John is going to join. It's only 5.00 to join and by winning the competition I won $100.00!!! How good is that???

7 comments:

standifird family said...

YAY Kim!! Seriously, you look great...& even happier in the 'after' pics. Congrats!

dlkenney said...

Congrats, I need to focus again... I wasn't very disciplined on our cruise and gained 12 pounds so I am back over 200 again. Hoping to get in a new routine now that I don't work graveshifts anymore. Good Luck

Sariah said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!! I forgot we took those "before" pics and tried to look super unhappy. That's just hilarious.

Congrats again on winning the whole deal!! I'm proud of you!! I'm totally doing it again in january. Maybe this time *I* will win.

Pat Coleman said...

Kim, thanks for your Christmas card and picture. You are one busy, busy lady. I was in a Biggest Loser contest also - actually I've been in 3 different 12-week contests, having lost 16 pounds total. Amy is in charge of it. I lost about 4 pounds this time but then we went on a cruise and I gained in back. But we will start again in January (for $5, just like yours), and I hope to take of 5-10. Its nice to stay in touch. I may not send out Christmas cards again this year. But thanks so much for yours. You go to a lot of work to prepare your cards.
Love,
Pat Coleman

Kim said...

Pat,
That's the same one I was in. I was the winner of it. My friend Sariah and I did it from here. My husband has said he'd join us in it in Jan. My user was KimN in it.

Leefamlee Treasures said...

Congrats! You go girl and keep inspiring the rest of us! BTW - Where is my Christmas card?

Amy said...

Kim, I'm so proud of you, and so glad you won. You look great! I'm glad you took those before and after pictures--don't you love going back and seeing the progress? I sure did when I lost that much weight too. You and your husband are doing great this round too! I know how it is being tight financially, and it's nice to have something to work towards that doesn't cost any money, just some dedication and sacrifice. I have been reading your blog tonight during my early morning baby feeding time, since I haven't had time to read it in several months. Our family has been right where you guys have been, and I've loved reading how your children have sacrificed to make Christmas special for everyone. You are sure teaching them the right things! Your boys sound a lot like my Braeden, who would cut off his right foot just to make the family happy. (No, he's never cut off his right foot, thankfully!) Anyway, I've been thinking of you and wanted to send you my love and thoughts. You're doing awesome in so many ways. Keep it up!