
Ellie loves celebrating her birthday. She loves opening presents. She doesn't care what is in them. It was just as exciting to open the purse for me as it was this little wooden cake from her friend.

She was funny who she wanted to invite to her party. If left to her, her party list consisted of: Avery (8yrs old), Michael (12yrs old), Parker (4yrs old), and Eve's mom (Eve is 3 but not her mom.). We did talk her into adding Gwen 21/2, Kierra (5), and Eve, not just her mom.

For her birthday party since she is so obsessed with Dora we did a super simple dora party after school at the park. I drew a map that took them over a muddy muck puddle. They then had to get their party hats out of their backpack. They had to get past Swiper. Luckily they made it past, though Swiper (Harrison) did not just turn away and leave them alone when they said swiper no swiper causing a bout of tears before Swiper had to be put in his place again.

They then took out their compasses to get to the troll bridge. The troll (Matthew) gave them their riddle and when they answered it correct they could go across the troll bridge. Once across they took their telescopes out of their backpack to see where the highest mountain was.

The highest mountain housed the cupcakes and presents. That was it. Simple cupcakes I made which didn't take much time at all. But the kids loved. Then instead of traditional party bags I found these backpacks at the dollar store. I put what they needed to get on their path, along with a couple misc things I had here at the house.

It was a fun party that she adored that was so simple to take care of and cost me pretty much nothing. Gotta love a party like that!
On a funny note which may be TMI for some of you, so feel free not to read. So to get Ellie to poop on the potty we let her have a candy every time she does. Well her favorite candy to get is smarties. Yep of everything she could choose that is what she ALWAYS wants if there is an option. So one of her friends gave her a massive Smarties. It was the size of a normal candybar. She was so excited. Her response was, "Now I can eat this when I have really big poops!" We have laughed at that so many times. She is such a funny girl!
2 comments:
I love what she said about the giant smarties! How hilarious!
Smarties are my favorite too. I eat them when I feel sick. Glad it is working for you. Maybe I need to do something like that to just get Raina to TRY the potty without screaming.
Post a Comment