The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, March 5, 2010

Rachel says....

Rachel says, "You know what mom? My grandma Heidi is the smartest person in the whole world!"
Mom says, "I think she's pretty smart too, but why do you think she is the smartest?"
Rachel says, "Cause she knows how much I love presents and will for sure bring me one."
Knowing my mom has already gotten her something to bring her I repsond, "Well what if she doesn't. You'd love her without a present, right???"
Rachel says, "Yes I still love all my grandmas and grandpas. She is the SMARTEST person I know cause she is so smart to know to bring me one anyway cause it would make me so extra happy."

What do you say to that? Glad she thinks my mom is smart, but seriously how obsessed with presents is she???? What do I do to curb that?

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

you know what? your daughter rachel is (one of) the smartest kid in the entire world cause even though she is really young, she knows how to give one crazy sweet ride on the guilt trip road.

Queen 'Bina said...

Encourage her to be as smart as grandma and GIVE people presents. Especially when it's hard to do because it will make that other person so very happy. You do have the best kids.

PS. I hope you're feeling better, or on your way to it soon.