So when you have so many different drugs that have been roaming through your system in the last 12 days it's NOT a good time to blog. Yet, here I sit with my brain unable to shut down. So here is the "fun" I have had lately.
A week ago Thursday I had a great enrichment night. I have pictures and would really love to post about it, but that is just not something my brain can do at this point. Why? Becuase by Friday I had a migraine kick in and bad. I'm a mom and have things to do for my kids and so I have learned over the years to just "deal" with the migraine. So Friday night I went to Matthew's game and wanted to cry it hurt so bad. But cheered him on. To finish date night with no energy to do anything else we dropped Matthew off at babysitting group so they would feed him and watched a redbox movie while eating leftovers from enrichment. Wow, are we creative or what? By ten o'clock we had picked up the kids and tucked myself and eveyone else in bed. Next day was set to be a crazy one. Woke up for Bountiful Baskets at 5:30 and was so dizzy and sick from the migraine I puked a couple times. Oh the fun. John had his week as High Priest group leader to clean the church so I got the girls there while he took the boys to help clean. He went straight from there to help with a move. I came home and took a quick nap to try to relieve my head some. Then up and out the door for two soccer games. Hair cuts for the boys...they were about a month past due and home for quick change and off for ward temple night. Home from that to crash in bed. And serious crashing I did.
Unfortunately, Sunday I could hardly move the pain was so much. So John took all the kids and went to church without me. It was one of those moments I was real proud to hear about my kids. Having kids ranging from 2 to 11 1/2 and a husband who doesn't get to sit with the family until after the sacrament is passed it makes me worry when I'm not there. Proud to say they all did well. I pretty much stayed in bed the entire day I was so miserable.
The week didn't go any better. I would rouse myself the minimum needed to get my kids to and from school. Trying heavier and heavier drugs prescribed in hopes to get rid of the migraine. NOTHING! Really getting tired of it. Finally, after no relief with even the heaviest prescribed drugs, massage therapy, chiropractic, dentist apt to make sure nothing going on there, and eye apt to make sure nothing going on there, I gave up and went to my doctor. He freaked out. No exaggeration. He was upset I had driven myself so he couldn't send me to the hospital in an ambulance. (may not have been the best choice to drive myself, but glad it got me out of the ambulance ride.) I was threatened that he would be calling hospital in 1 hour and if I was not there getting my brain scanned that he would send the ambulance to my house to pick me up.
So I dropped off my daughter arranged for my other kids and had a friend drop me off at the hospital. I wasn't freaked out, but worried. This is just not the way a migraine of mine has EVER acted before. John moved meetings and met me at the hosptial. Again I was the queen of planning a great Friday night date.
The doc at the hosptial treated me like a druggy. Wondering why I was freaking out worrying about all these tests, they could give me morphine without all the tests. I tried to explain that I was looking for answers not for drugs. She reluctantly agreed to scan my brain to in her words, "only going to tell you if you have a brain tumor or blood clot in your brain or something" Yeah, John about flipped a gasget, but calmly told the doctor he would like to know if his wife had a brain tumor so please do the test.
She put me on morphine, benzo...something, and benedryl. Then finally a long time later when I was completely out of it did the test. She came back ours later and told us the scan came back clean so what else did she want us to do or could she send us home now.
We tried to explain that the stiffness in my neck, even though there wasn't a high fever and a question about my blood/sugar levels might be a cause and could we check it. That was not in her plans for me. She reluctantly gave me some medicine, after I would tell her what I wanted. I kept saying, I want what you think would be best, you would know better. Obviously she didn't care if she did only wanted me to choose. So I told her what I'd taken before and how it wasn't currently working and she prescribed that and sent me home. She did add one other prescription for Fenegren. It worked okay, but made my chest tighten and be shortness of breath so we added benedryl to the mix and dealt with the pain over the weekend. Even on all that crap the pain never fully went away.
Monday I went back to the doctor where he flipped a gasket that none of the test that should have been done were done. He then proceeded to rule out meningitis and diabetes and other such things. Gave me a new group of medicines to try and told me to clear my schedule for several days. Man, he wasn't kidding.
Took the first medicine Monday night after Rachel's birthday celebrations....again post on that later when I'm not in pain. And new medicines worked well enough to take away the pain for a couple days. It also made me completely unaware of all of my surroundings completely unable to take care of my family. I skipped the medicine again today to take care of a few mom things that just needed to be done. By the time it was time for a redose my pain was getting unbearable again. So I cleared my schedule again for tomorrow. Have I mentioned yet what amazing friends I have???? Cause I so have the BESTEST friends anyone could ever want!!! And within a few more minutes I'll be completely unaware of my surrounding for at least 18 hours, but at least I'll get a break from the pain.
Now if anyone could get me the one thing I REALLY want, an answer as to why I'm on day 12 almost 13 of horrible pain with no reason for it. I want to figure out why and get better not just be medicated to deal with it. I can't keep going like this.
Okay so enough of that rant. Thanks again to all my amazing friends, I name you all but between the meals, babysitting, driving across town, and just stepping in at a moments notice even when they don't have time I'd miss someone and feel worse! So thanks to you all!!!
3 comments:
Hang in there girl, I wish I lived closer to help out... I understand those migranes and being allergic to asprin which most migrane meds have in it, the relievement process is very long for me also.
Oh, Kim! I'm so worried about you now. I really wish I were closer so I could be of some help. I'm praying that you feel relief soon and that the Dr.'s figure out what is going on quick. I'm sending you spiritual hugs from California.
horrible, horrible, horrible! hope the drugs do something to help out, the docs figure out what is going on, and you find some better date nights...althoug i think your hubby still likes them well enough as he keeps taking them with you! ;)
Post a Comment