The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Thursday, December 24, 2009
My favorite tradition!
One of my very most favorite traditions is matching pj's every year that we open on Christmas Eve. Well, I was super proud of myself for getting cute christmas flannel at door buster prices making the pjs super cheap. Then I found red shirts at walmart clearance in everyone's size. It couldn't have been better.
Except I kept put off making them due to working on another project. So I finally stay up all night one night to sew them and find out that I don't have enough material to make them all. I can do all but John's. Well only the front of one leg was all that I had enough for. I made a trip to several joannes the next day looking for the material but no luck. I finally found just over a yard which was enough to do one more front and one back. So I got some remnant green and made John's fancy pjs.
We also had the missionaries over for dinner so we bought them a pair of pj bottoms so they could at least match each other. I love Christmas EVE!
4 comments:
That's awesome! You are so talented! Not too many missionaries can say they had pjs to match their companions! Very fun! Merry Christmas!!!!
Oh my goodness Kim john's is my favorite! It made me laugh out loud to see that. You should've done that for everyones.
I think they all look very cute. Good looking family.
Give John kudos for the expression and smiles in all photos. He was a great sport. Glad that all of Santa's projects were finished and appreciated in the end. Merry Christmas.
I also love the Pajama tradition. My mom makes us all matching pajamas every year also and we have a huge pajama party at Grandma's on Christmas Eve. One year all of us girls had one leg that was different, because she was unable to find enough material. Oh the memories.
Post a Comment