We had two days of Halloween costumes, though due to dumb school rules, not at school. So the pictures are from one day or the other so if they vary from a photo that's why. So my sweet little kids had their own ideas for Halloween. It was funny as I was telling people what each of them were, and I realized if this is any sign of the future I'm in serious trouble.
We'll start with sweet adorable Ellie, Her costume was my favorite as it was one a friend made for Harrison, then Rachel wore, then my nephew Mahonri wore, now Ellie. Such a cute little ghost! The first day for the neighborhood party she kind of wore her ghost hat, the second day she would have nothing to do with the hat.
Moving onto Matthew we start going downhill. He was Nun the Egyptian God of Chaos. Really, we want a kid who worships a God of Chaos? That's always a bad sign. Why did he get this though, had more to do with the fact that we'd spent so much time putting the costume together for the school assignment he wanted to wear it again so I could see it.
Rachel, what do you say when your daughter says, "I want to be a Geisha" Yeah, definitely not every mom's dream for her daughter. She did make a beautiful one if I do say so myself!
Harrison, um, Harrison, so this costume was all him. I did bring back the shirt as his souvenir as I knew he'd love it, though John didn't think it was a great idea, but I knew he'd like it and he did. He ran with it though for a costume. He told me what he needed and put he costume together himself. So I end with a prisoner from the Psycho Ward. Yeah, that's what every mom wants from her son right?
This this is my clan...for better or worse, let's just hope for the better part as the future goes on.
2 comments:
They all looked great and I think it is a good sign for the future that they are each decisive of what they want to be, ingenuitive in helping plan and create their costumes and resourceful in using what they have or can find to do it! You have great kids with a great future, even if their choices of costumes are a bit questionable. After all isn't Halloween about living out what you can't be all of the time. I, myself was a clown one night and a hippie the next, not exactly my real life. Ok, maybe...
Very cute & creative bunch you have!
Post a Comment